Get your roadworthy certificate (RWC) right here
You’ll need to get a roadworthy certificate (RWC) also known in Queensland as a Safety Certificate, from a Queensland Transport licenced provider if:
- You wish to sell a car that has been registered in Queensland
- You wish to transfer car registration to a new Queensland owner
- You wish to transfer registration of a car that is currently registered in another state or territory
- You wish to re-register an unregistered vehicle
Chevron Automotive is a licenced provider for Safety Certificates, also commonly known as a Road Worthy Certificate or RWC.
Here’s what we’ll check when doing a vehicle inspection for a roadworthy certificate:
- Tyres and wheels – to ensure they are of suitable type and condition to meet the necessary load carrying capacity, speed rating, and control of the vehicle.
- Brakes including park brake
- Suspension, wheel bearings and steering components
- Body rust or damage
- Lights, including the aim of the headlights
- Verification of the registration plate number VIN (chassis number) and odometer reading
- Exterior inspection including underbody, chassis, doors, windows, and windscreens
- Test of all driving controls from the driver seat
How to get in touch with us for a road worthy certificate
Road worthy certificates can only legally be issued from an Approved Inspection Station (AIS). We are a licenced provider and can issue safety certificates manually or electronically. We can perform inspections on any make or model vehicle including American classic cars for which we have a dedicated service offering restorations and American Classic Car Repairs.
An electronically issued safety certificate (RWC) does not need to be displayed on your vehicle but must be able to be produced if requested by a buyer, buyer’s agent, police officer, or transport inspector.
We operate Monday to Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm from our Labrador based workshop on the Gold Coast. Our convenient and easy to get to location is ideal for people in Southport, Arundel, Harbour Town, Labrador, Runaway Bay, and Helensvale.